What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through websites. They are tools that have an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his or her computer and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client's browser, which can be:
- Session Cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant to the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which he/she accesses the service, the regional configuration from where he/she accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and Deleting Cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but normally it can be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also check the Help menu of your browser where you can find instructions. You can choose which cookies you want to work on this website at any time.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as
Cookies used on mmropes.com
|PHPSESSID||mmropes.com||Used by the encryption language PHP to allow SESSION variables to be stored on the web server. This cookie is essential to the operation of the web.||Session|
|PrestaShop-d39a6abee95ba2e8d32c902a553e9ee6||mmropes.com||Sets the security indicator to prevent filtering if any of the pages load mixed content||HTTP Cookie|
|_ga||mmropes.com||Used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a customer identifier.||Performance|
|_gat_gtag_UA_158636276_1||mmropes.com||Orientation / Advertising||Performance|
|_gid||mmropes.com||Stores and updates a unique value for each page visited.||Performance|
In view of this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.